Ahlam Tamimi is the female Hamas terrorist who planned and engineered the 2001 massacre of 16 people, including 8 children, in Jerusalem’s Sbarro restaurant. One of her victims was 15-year-old Malki Roth (an American citizen) and her parents maintain an incredible blog about the case here.
As a mass murderer of Jewish kids she was the most 'honoured' of all the terrorists released in the ludicrous exchange for Gilad Shalit. She became a major celebrity in the Arab world, presenting a weekly TV programme where she encouraged millions of viewers to emulate her crimes. By inciting terrorism Tamimi was subject to re-arrest under the terms of the release, but by living in Jordan the Israelis were unable to re-arrest her. However, because two of her victims were American citizens the FBI has recently put Tamimi on their most wanted terrorist list and requested her extradition from Jordan. The Jordanians, who also recently honoured child murderer Ahmad Dakamseh, have refused.
Here is Tamimi smiling when she is told in prison for the first time how many children she killed:
Here is Tamimi boasting of her crimes after her release.
However, now the heat is being turned up on Tamimi, she is actually trying to lie about her crimes and, typically, the main stream media in the form of the Associated Press has gone along with it. The AP's appalling reporting presents a convicted mass murderer's claims on an equal footing with those of the victims' parents (the AP's actions remind me of what the BBC did to Smadar Haran whose family was murdered by Samir Kuntar). There is also this disgraceful piece by AlJazeera. At this rate, in few years, Tamimi will be welcomed as a hero at conferences in America organised by anti-Israel Jews - just like what happened to Rasmae Odeh the female terrorist who murdered two Jewish students.
The names of those murdered by Tamimi:
- Zvika Golombek, 26, from Karmiel
- Shoshana Yehudit (Judy) Greenbaum, 31 (5 months pregnant), from Passaic, New Jersey, U.S.
- Tehila Maoz, 18, from Jerusalem
- Frieda Mendelsohn, 62, from Jerusalem
- Michal Raziel, 16, from Jerusalem
- Malka Chana (Malki) Roth, 15, from Jerusalem
- Mordechai Schijveschuurder, 43, from Neria
- Tzira Schijveschuurder, 41, from Neria
- Ra'aya Schijveschuurder, 14, from Neria
- Avraham Yitzhak Schijveschuurder, 4, from Neria
- Hemda Schijveschuurder, 2, from Neria
- Lily Shimashvili, 33, from Jerusalem
- Tamara Shimashvili, 8, from Jerusalem
- Yocheved Shoshan, 10
- Giora Balash, 60
Additionally, 130 were injured. One Chana Nachenberg (a US citizen) remains hospitalized, in a permanent vegetative state.